WHY ENGLISH ?
- Approximately 375 million people speak English as their first language. It is spoken , read & understood in most parts of the world.
- In India, people going from North to South for education or business mostly communicate in English, which has become a link language.
- Keeping this in mind, the Parliament has also recognized English as an official language in addition to Hindi.
- If we have to compete with the best in the world we NEED ENGLISH. The English language is our window to the world.
- Swami Vivekananda established the greatness of the Indian view of religion at the world conference of religions in Chicago in 1893. He addressed the gathering in... IMPRESSIVE ENGLISH.
- English has thus become an effective means of promoting Indian view of life, and strengthening our cultural identity in the world.
- It is the official language of air transport and shipping.
- The leading language of science, technology, computers, and commerce.
- A major medium of education, publishing, and international negotiation.
- With no knowledge of English we are like a shipwrecked person in rough waters, neither having the skill of swimming nor wearing a life jacket, with nothing to hold on to, you are nothing but shark meat.
- By saying so, it doesn't mean that we ignore our mother tongue or any other regional languages.
- On the other hand knowing English will enhance the image of our mother tongue as well as our other regional languages.